- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip April 23: What Kind of Metal Can I Use Besides Gold and Silver?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
April 23, 2010
I have seen that gold prices are going up a lot and people are switching to silver (around Quartzsite, AZ).
Is there any other sq wire and 1/2 round material you would recommend besides silver?
Thomas, I think copper would work well in the southwest region of the U.S. as it goes well with the native stones (a lot of which come from copper, and AZ is a ‘copper’ state) and mixes beautifully with silver. Wire-Sculpture has copper wire in a wide variety of gauges and shapes. Check them out here: Copper Jewelry Wire
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here