- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Daily Wire Tip Oct. 4: 28-Gauge Wire Project Ideas
Daily Wire Tip April 21: How Do I Keep Square Wire From Twisting When Wrapping?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
April 21, 2010
I’m fairly new at this and am having difficulty keeping the square wire “on the square” when wrapping around a bundle of wires. How does one keep the wire from twisting or tweaking when wrapping the bundle?
When you are wrapping a bundle of square wires, think of it as a plank, which has 4 square corners. Therefore whether wrapping with half-round or square wire, the wire wrapper needs to make a right angle at every corner, which keeps square wire ‘on the square’. Using a good pair of flat nose pliers such as Swanstrom makes a major difference for a lot of folks.
The first DVD in my beginner series features my absolute favorite class for learning how to wrap with square half-hard wire (as well as how to easily straighten any wire, bundle and a great way to tape it all together.) The All Wire Unisex Bangle Bracelet will be able to help you in all of these areas.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here