- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip April 12: How Do I Identify Unlabeled Stones and Beads?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
April 12, 2010
In keeping with the “full disclosure to our customers” theme, do you know of a good resource to help me correctly identify all the unlabeled stones, beads, cabs, etc. that I have collected over time? A good gems and minerals library of sorts, where I could plug in what I see and it tells me what I have?
I’m not sure that there is such a search engine or site available that could actually do that, but it would be an amazing thing! Some of my students keep old jewelry supply and bead catalogues around just for the pictures that can help them ID some of their unlabeled treasures. Wire-Sculpture is currently in the process of putting the finishing touches on our upcoming and brand new ‘Gemstone Glossary’, so stay tuned and maybe you’ll be able to figure out and then label those cool supplies.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here