- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Live from Tucson – How to Open and Close Jump Rings
by Judy Ellis, Wire-Sculpture.com
Daily Wire Jewelry Tip February 4, 2015
Live Tips from Tucson
If you’ve been following our blog, you know that we are partnering with our sister company JewelryTools.com in are offering over 100 classes at in Tucson at JOGS Gem & Jewelry Show this year. This year we have a very impressive list of instructors offering myriad of techniques.
So, while we are in Tucson, we’ve asked some of our instructors to give us a few quick tips. Today we feature a great tip shared with us by one of our wonderful instructors, Marilyn Gardiner.
Take a look as Marilyn shows you and easy way to Open and Close Jump Rings.
How to Open and Close
To Open a Ring:
To Close a Ring:
|Before starting your first chain mail project, practice opening and closing rings until you feel confident.After opening and closing a whole lot of rings you WILL find it easy, you WON’T leave marks on the rings, and you WILL find that the pliers become an extension of your hands.
Take a look at a few of the classes that Marilyn is teaching in Tucson.
I will be featuring more Live from Tucson Tips as the show continues.