- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
New Year – New Ideas
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
January 2, 2015
New Year – New Ideas
Well, now that we’ve made it through our New Year’s resolutions, let’s take a look at a few New Year’s Strategies for making the coming year successful!
1. Buy NEW materials to create new designs:
Whatever is your domain of expertise, you will need to replenish your inventory.
You don’t want to keep using the same old beads. Your customers from last year will want to see new colors, textures, designs in the coming year. Be imaginative and extravagant! You want to surprise them. You want them to think, “How did she/he come up with such a good idea?!”
Why not try working with some Handmade Venetian Glass Beads?
What about trying some NEW Jewelry Making Chain?
2. Make a list of all of the customers you’ve had this past year.
You already know they like what you are doing, so take advantage of it!
Within the next three months, you should contact every single one of them with a special promotion for repeat customers. This is one of the most important business strategies, and it’s used by the most successful companies.
3. Start working NOW on Valentine’s projects. Set up a special Valentines Promotion or gift section on your website or Etsy store.
Create unique Valentine designs, using colors like red, garnet, pink, amethyst, purple – mix textures and colors!
Your customers will like the novelty and it will bring you new sales opportunities. You might want to do the same for Mother’s Day and other holidays, too!
Jewelry is always a popular gift item, so making it easy for customers to give your jewelry is a great business strategy. How about adding a wish list feature, too?
4. Look for upcoming local events:
You certainly know of upcoming local shows, craft fairs, or any other gathering where people will come to have some fun and buy. Check out our link in our Resource Center – and why not try a local show or two?
5. Throw a Jewelry Open House:
Pick a day – say the first day of Spring, and invite all your friends, family, and existing customers to come and celebrate the first day of spring with you. Everyone is always in a very good mood and sales are good.
How about giving demos at the open house? Why not creating a few hand stamped give aways – just for your friends and clients?
6. Advertise yourself as much as you can, using simple, inexpensive methods.
For example, how about creating your own, personalized email signature. It’s easy to set up and each time you send an email you are promoting your website or Etsy site.
Also, never leave your house without wearing a piece of your own jewelry! Its a great way to introduce your business. It also creates a style in your community and your friends might want to do the same! Start a new trend… wear something fabulous that you’ve created!
It might be the middle of winter for some of us, but just think.. Spring will be right around the corner!
Resources: Jewelry Making Journal