- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Large Wood Shaping Block
by Judy Ellis, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for April 21, 2014
This week’s featured video tool tip is about the Large Wood Shaping Block with 5 Nylon Shapers , DAP-145.00
Today, Kate Richbourg shows us how to use the Wood Shaping Block. I’ve featured this set below. Feel free to browse our other Dapping Blocks. I’m sure you’ll find something perfect for your workbench!
Demonstration by Kate, JewelryTools.com
|This week’s featured tool from JewelryTools.com is the Essential Dapping Set # DAP-145.00
This high quality hardwood forming block is great for bending and forming without the risk of marring.
Lighter weight and less expensive than the steel version, the large grooves consist of 3 half round (1-1/4″, 1-1/2″, 1-3/4″) and 2 larger third round (2-1/2″, 3-1/4″) channels.
The five nylon rollers are used for forming and are durable enough to be used with a hammer. Form bracelet links, give a soft curve to earrings both top to bottom and side to side. Work the metal to desired curve by starting with large depression and working down as you go.
Block measures 7″ x 1-7/8″ x 2-3/8″.
Click below to see this
Large Wood Shaping Block with 5 Nylon Shapers DAP-145.00
Other Tools you may find useful: