- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Feb. 8: Binding Wire to Wrapping Wire
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
February 08, 2010
What is the rule of thumb for binding wire to wrapping wire?
I.E. 21 gauge wrap ___gauge binding.
Everyone has his or her favorite wire combinations, so I will answer with my personal opinion. When using 12 to 14g square as a base, use 16g ½ rd ½ Hard; 16g to 19g square as a base = 18g ½ rd ½ H; 20g to 22g square = 20g ½ rd 1/2H; 22g to 24g square = 21g ½ rd ½ H.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here