- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
A Letter from the Owner
by Alec Day – Ceo, Wire-Sculpture.com
November 20, 2013
A Letter from the Owner…
With some of the recent changes here at Wire-Sculpture.com, I find it a good opportunity to make your experience with our company a bit more personal.
A little over five years ago, I purchased Wire-Sculpture.com and started my journey into the world of wire and handcrafted jewelry. I have stayed somewhat behind the scenes and worked hard to transform the company into what it is today.
Before I go on, I thought I’d share a little about my family. My wife Krystal and I have been married for over six years and have two young kids, AJ (3.5 years old) and Lyla (18 months old). They love being outside and going new places. As a family, our favorite hobby is to travel. Lyla got her passport when she was just three months old! Against my better judgment, Krystal and Judy insisted we add a picture of the family
In the spirit of sharing pictures, I’d like to show you some items from my personal collection. In all my travels, buying supplies and going to jewelry shows around the world, I have very much enjoyed collecting unique gemstones and cabochons. The challenge was picking what to share—how do I choose just a couple of favorites when I like them all? I’m sure some of you can relate…
Here are a few for you to enjoy:
Fossilized Woolly Mammoth Tooth
One of my favorite Boulder Opal Cabochons
A piece of Petrified Coconut Shell (if anyone knows where to get more of this one please let me know)
It’s been a lot of fun traveling to all the shows and classes over the last several years and meeting many of you. What I like best about these shows is hearing from you. Your feedback on new products helps us know where we have room for improvement, so we can be your favorite place to come for all your jewelry-making needs.
Going forward, I’ll be sure to personally update you a few times a year with the most exciting news and additions to Wire-Sculpture.com.
Here are a few things to look forward to in 2014:
1. Order fulfillment time – While a large percentage of our orders leave the warehouse within one day of your order being placed, we noticed that those orders that didn’t make it out in one day could get stuck, sometimes for days. We are investing heavily to ensure as many orders as possible make it out within 24 hours. In the very near future, we are implementing a system that will notify you immediately of any delays in your order and give you the opportunity to provide input, so we can expedite your order to your doorstep.
2. Tips and educational content – Judy has been working hard to change the format of our educational content to make it more interesting and useful to you. Those changes will be implemented over the next few weeks and will bring you a lot more to enjoy in 2014.
3. Instructional DVDs – As you have seen with our recent additions of Patti Bullard, founder of Wubbers, and Alex Simkin, creator of the Ear Vine, we are working hard to bring you the best instructional DVDs on the market. We have some new sets, as well as new artists, coming in 2014 that I know you’ll love watching.
I’m thankful to our entire team here at Wire-Sculpture and their continued dedication to bringing you the very best wire jewelry information, educational content, and high-quality supplies and tools. Every person on our team loves participating in your creativity, even if it’s in a very small way.
On behalf of Krystal and our entire team here, I want to thank each and every one of you, our customers, many of whom have been with us for years and have been able to experience our new product launches and even some of our growing pains (thank you for your patience if you’ve felt any of those). Know that every order, small or large, matters to us and that we very much appreciate your willingness to spend your dollars supporting our small business.
One last request: please send me your feedback. I don’t get to meet all of you in person, but I would love to hear from you. Tell me about your favorite part of Wire-Sculpture.com. Let me know about areas or product lines we can improve upon. I’m committed to making Wire-Sculpture.com your favorite place to come for inspiration and supplies. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being a loyal customer!