- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Wire Jewelry Inspiration: Jewelry for a Cause
by Narlene Allen, Wire-Sculpture.com
Wire Jewelry Inspiration for
July 3, 2013
Jewelry for a Cause
We all wear jewelry for different reasons; some of us for symbolism, some to show status and some for identification.
Personally, I have several rings which have been passed to me by my mother and grandmother. I don’t actually wear them because they are too small; however, I cherish them because of what they represent. My history, my family lineage and past experiences.
Form and Function:
We all understand that dog tags are used as identification for anyone in military service. On the eve of our Nation’s freedom celebration, do you consider them more than identification? Are they pieces of jewelry? How do they represent more than just a name?
Jewelry for a Cause:
Do you create jewelry for a cause, for example, to sell to raise money for a charitable organization or individual in need? Any other reasons? If so, please share some of those experiences with us!
What is the form and function of the jewelry that you make? I would love to hear from you.
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea you’d like to share? Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!