Wirework: An Illustrated Guide to the Art of Wire Wrapping is a step-by-step guide for the intermediate artist seeking new design possibilities combined with solid technique instruction. Also includes an Instructional DVD.
* Make 15 projects using hard wire and traditional wireworking techniques.
* Dale "Cougar" Armstrong showcases her classic jewelry style and shows how to create beautiful custom bracelets, necklaces, pendants, earrings, and rings, incorporating detailed designs, faceted stones, cabochons, and beads.
* Detailed instructions on how to work with half-hard wire; when to use other tempers and why.
* Dale's favorite tools; proper tool usage for producing specialized styles.
* Comprehensive instructions about using geometry in wire jewelry formulations; making the "right" right angles; shaping with and without mandrels; using "found" items for shaping; when and how to use "snap-set" components; choosing the right cabochons and gemstones; and much more.
* All the projects are shown with detailed step-by-step photography.
* Also included is a gallery of work from the author and her students to inspire, using techniques featured throughout the book.
Readers will enjoy learning how to wire-wrap using faceted stones, how to create pendants with any size or shape of faceted stone, how to use several methods for working with and setting faceted stones, plus mixing wire gauges and tempers to create stable yet creative pieces.
Wirework will challenge artists to be creative, think outside the box, and transform jewelry into their own style.
To find out more about Dale "Cougar" Armstrong, click here to read her biography.